Recognizing the country’sgrowing importance as a key biologics player, IMAPAC will bring together, for the second consecutive year, players from the Taiwanese and international biologics and biosimilars industry at the Biologics World Taiwan 2014 conference(taking place from 25-27 February 2014 in Taipei, Taiwan).
Biologics may be among the most expensive psychotherapies, yet there is a growing demand for these specialty drugs as they continue to outperform in the global market, delivering novel treatment alternatives for a variety of diseases. The government has unveiled the availability of a $1.9 billion biotechnology venture capital fund, which is a bold move to make Taiwan a significant player in the global biotechnology development.With a strategic location, favourable economic climate, strong government support, technological leadership, and a pool of world-class researchers and experts, Taiwan’s potential to be a leading biologics leader cannot be ignored.
A number of Taiwanese developed biologics drugs are entering into critical stages of developments – clinical phase II and III – and are expected to launch by 2015; for the second year in a row, IMAPAC is proud to play a part in the thisdevelopment by organizing the ONLY biologics industry gathering in Taiwan!
Biologics World Taiwan 2014’s distinguished panel of speakers will share information and debate issues relating to opportunities and challenges facing Taiwan’s Biologics Industry, biobetters and novel biologics development in Taiwan,vaccine development in Taiwan, biomanufacturing upstream best practices, biomanufacturing downstream best practices, operational excellence and PAT, and much more.
Key speaking faculty at Biologics World Taiwan 2014 include:
· Chang Yi Wang, Chairperson & CSO, UBI, USA and Taiwan
· RachoJordanov, President and CEO, JHL Biotech, Taiwan
· Jimmy Zhang, Managing Director, MSD Early Investments, Merck, China
· Youe-Kong Shue, President and CEO, OBI Pharma, Taiwan
· Carl Firth, CEO, Aslan Pharmaceuticals, Taiwan
· Kevin Yang, VP of Drug Manufacturing and Process Development, Meridigen, Taiwan
· Dr W.F. Huang, Professor, National Yang Ming University, Taiwan
· Dr Karen Wen, Founder and President, Mycenax Biotech, Taiwan
· YarivHefez, Vice President Business Development and Alliance Management, Biosimilars, Merck Serono, Switzerland
· Dr Juine-Ruey Chen, Head of R&D, Adimmune,Taiwan
· Changlin Dou, Chief Technology Officer/Sr. Director, LuyePharma Group Ltd, China
· Kang Li, Head of Biologics, Beigene, China Continue reading